Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Oh, it's on.


We start with this little gem,
Rhythms of Rapture: Sacred Musics of Haitian Vodou.
Sounds very a SCARY huh?
You better believe it pal. Just look at the scary skeleton vodou guy playing
the guitar. I wouldn't look directly at him if I were you.
It's on the Smithsonian Folkways label which kind of makes you feel a little
smarter just knowing that. Track 12 employs the Sacred Eddie Van Halen finger-tapping technique.
Here's the link:

http://www.folkways.si.edu/search/AlbumDetails.aspx?ID=2364

Quick Stats:
Rhythms of Rapture: Sacred Musics of Haitian Vodou 1995 Smithsonian Folkways Recordings.
68 MB
160 kbps lame 3.96.1 (sounds just fine)
http://rapidshare.de/files/20703332/Vodou.rar.html
pass = scary

I've included a little Vodou Dance video below for your pleasure.
I'm not sure what they are so exited about, but it looks fun.
Maybe they are trying to re-fill that bottle of booze on the table.

4 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 10:39 PM, Blogger zhao said...

by "local" library you mean... which library of which city?

there are a few special libraries scattered around with some amazing collections... looks like you may have found one of these?

 
At 5/18/2006 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll only listen to this if you promise it won't turn me into a zombie.

 
At 5/18/2006 12:58 AM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Confucius,
Just the Public Library System.
The town I live in is around 250,000 people.
No special Library. Just the Public Library.
I have found some really cool stuff there and this is all I will post.

Thanks for stopping by. Check back. I'm going to try to at least put up something every day.

 
At 5/18/2006 1:00 AM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Anonymous
I can not promise that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home