Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Small World Cup lull, so I thought maybe I'd go back

and hit some countries that I missed the first time around. Like mine...uhhhhhh, the USA! It just wasn't our Cup and I'm greatly disappointed. The refs, the group the U.S. was in, questionable coaching decisions, the refs, mental preparation, and the allignment of the stars all contributed to a less than stellar performance. Excuse me, I'm going to go cry for a little bit.
Ok, I'm back. I figured that if I do a U.S. entry, it should probably be jazz. Jazz is one of the very few music forms that is truly American. It's ours, and you can't have it! But where do I start? There are already several excellent blogs that focus on Jazz that have already posted tons of stuff; blogs by people that are far more knowledgeable about Jazz than I'll ever be. So I looked around through my list and remembered I had this one, Kid Ory's Creole Trombone. (Escape Goat Note: The pic is not the same cover nor the same Cd I'm offering. The one I have is a comp on some weird German Label called Past Perfect. I also have a Red Norvo and a Charles Mingus compilation on that Label and can't find any info on them either.) I've not seen any Kid Ory postings anywhere so I thought I'd go with it. Kid Ory (Another Escape Goat Note: Kid Ory isn't really a kid.) is an old timey Dixieland trombone player that led a band in New Orleans from 1912 - 1919 that had King Oliver, a young Louis Armstrong, Johnny Dodds, Sidney Bechet and Jimmie Noone in it. That's a pretty good band. He was also a member of Louis Armstrong's Hot 5 and Hot 7 bands. In a nutshell, it's Dixieland by a revolutionary trombone player that led the first African-American band from New Orleans to record in 1922.
Mr AMG Kid Ory Bio
Red Hot Jazz.com Bio

Track List:
01 - Ory's Creole Trombone
02 - 29th And Dearborn
03 - Gatemouth
04 - Papa Dip
05 - South
06 - Blues For Jimmy
07 - Muskrat Ramble
08 - Wolverine Blues
09 - Maple Leaf Rag
10 - Clarinet Marmalade
11 - That's A Plenty
12 - Gettysburg March
13 - Yellow Dog Blues
14 - I Found A New Baby
15 - When The Saints Go Marching In

Quick Stats:
74 MB
160 kbps
http://rapidshare.de/files/24421749/KidCrap.rar.html
pw = Creole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home