Thursday, November 16, 2006

SUPERFLY + GOSPEL = KARATE EXPLOSION!

The equation is very simple and should have made for the most awesome CD ever released! I saw this and my eye balls jumped right out of their sockets and landed onto the CD rack to see if it were true. Yes my friends it's true.
Curtis Mayfield: Gospel
However, upon first listen I've decided to re-work the equation to:
SUPERFLY + GOSPEL = TAI-CHI TREMOR.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that it's a snoozefest, but it isn't as sweaty and grinding as I thought it would be. I guess I set the expectation bar James Brown high for this one and it just didn't get there. Probably my fault anyway for doing that.
"People Get Ready", with the Impressions is a good track and almost worth the whole CD, but alot of the other stuff is just ok. Mr. AMG felt the same way about it that I did, but the folks at Amazon really dug it. Everybody knows that these are just my opinions so you may feel different. So if you're curious, snag it or like Curtis Mayfield, snag it.
Mayfield's kind of sad Bio is here at Wiki. You should give it a read if you want to be cool and stuff.

Track List:
1. Amen
2. People Get Ready
3. Whever You Leadeth Me
4. You Ought To Be In Heaven
5. Jesus
6. A Prayer
7. Meeting Over Yonder
8. Something To Believe In
9. Love To The People
10. We Got To Have Peace
11. When We're Alone
12. Keep On Pushing
13. It's All Right /Amen


Quick Stats:
Curtis Mayfield - Gospel
69 MB
192kbps
http://rapidshare.com/files/1497525/Crapfield.rar.html
pw = PushermanCrap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home