Thursday, May 25, 2006

In Celebration of a 1,000 hits, here's another one!


Yay, 1,000 hits and 49 Countries! Well 1,000 real soon anyway. The Best of Bollywood: 15 Classic Hits from the Indian Cinema. First of all: I don't see how any compilation that calls itself, "The Best of Bollywood" doesn't have 1 Asha Bhosle song! I can only guess it's some kind of contractual obligation that she wasn't on it or maybe her arch enemy made this compilation or something. Apparently Indian people like to sing and dance a lot. I have learned through Bollywood movies that there isn't any conflict that can't be resolved by an improptu singin' and dancin' number. It's probably the best conflict resolution technique I've ever seen. I know, I know, not all Bollywood movies are goofy musicals. I'm just having a little fun. I saw, "Bombay" a year or so ago and it really opened my eyes to just how good some Bollywood movies are. It's outstanding!
Here's the part where I test people to see if they're actually reading the stupid things I write. I'm at 49 different Countries right now and I'd like to break 50. My counter thingy is only good for another week. If you know anyone from a country that hasn't hit this site yet, send 'em a message and send my link. If you do this, I promise to continue posting the high quality crap you've come to expect. If you don't do this, I still Promise to continue posting the high quality crap you've come to expect. Then I'll go outside and kick a tree or a bug....maybe both.
Cheers!

Track List:
1. Pyar Do Par Lo - Sapna
2. Laila O Laila - Kanchan
3. Tere Sang Pyar Main - Lata Mangeshkar
4. Hey Maine - Lata Mangeshkar
5. Pal Bhar Ke Liye - Kishore Kumar
6. Ye Raatain - Lata Mangeshkar
7. Dil Aaj Shair Hai - Kishore Kumar
8. Wada Na Tod - Lata Mangeshkar
9. Mehbooba Mehbooba - Rahul Dev Burman
10. Kaahe Chhed - Kavita Krishnamurthy
11. Hum Tumhen Chahte Hain - Anand
12. Badi Mushkil - Alka Yagnik
13. Kehna Hi Kya - Chitra
14. Do Pyaar - Sonu Nigham
15. Chori Chori - Alka Yagnik

If you're really interested, the AMG entry also lists the movies that the songs came from.

Quick Stats:
The Best of Bollywood: 15 Classic Hits from the Indian Cinema (Hip-O)
89 MB
160 kbps
http://rapidshare.de/files/21374982/BofBollywood.rar.html
pw = AshaBhosle

Here's a Bollywood Movie clip.
You can really tell they are in love because people in love change their clothes a lot.

6 Comments:

At 5/26/2006 10:57 AM, Blogger marxbert said...

i'm an american. i don't even know 50 countries!

you are actually one of the few blogs i read. i don't even read my own blog. i'm too boring.

thanks much.

 
At 5/26/2006 1:11 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

AHA! You're the one with Sun Ra blog. I like Sun Ra. I've been slowly finding stuff here and there, but now I find your blog! You sir are bookmarked!
You are a good friend indeed.
Thank you.

 
At 5/29/2006 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have changed my clothes alot.

 
At 5/29/2006 12:23 AM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

You must be in love.

 
At 6/06/2006 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog- very clever idea! I like all this "crap" you're posting! Keep on keeping on with the crap!
Do you know the name of the song/video you posted, or what movie it came from? I've heard the song before on either radioofindia.com or live365- great song!
~Eliza

 
At 6/06/2006 9:07 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Thanks for dropping by Eliza.
Sorry, but I really haven't a clue to what song or movie the clip is from. Someone even asked the same thing on the youtube page I got this from.
But don't let that stop you from coming back soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home