Friday, May 19, 2006

Perfect example of Crap you can find at a Library.


Index on Censorship: Smashed Hits
This really isn't the CD Cover. There really isn't one, but this picture seemed kind of appropriate.
As far as I can tell, this CD really wasn't released in the way you think CDs are released. It was included in a magazine called, "Index on Censorship" Volume 27 No 6 November/December 1998. Issue 185, titled "Smashed Hits" to be exact. I'm guessing the Library yanked out the CD, slapped it in a Jewel Case, and put it with the other CDs to check out. Nifty huh? A Library is probably one of the few places you're ever going to find this one. I've seen a few other CDs that I think came from magazines.
The theme of this Compilation is that every song or artist on the CD was supposed to have been censored in some way. That's all I remember from the liner notes. I think it was just a photocopied page from the Magazine it came from. There's some really nice stuff on this one. The song by Flannel is amusing, it makes fun of the band Oasis. I figure Oasis didn't think it was very funny.
Track List:
01 - Tibetan Singing Nuns - The View from Drapchi Prison.mp3
02 - Crass - Bata Motel.mp3
03 - Malouma - Maghrour.mp3
04 - Fela Kuti - Sorrow, Tears and Blood.mp3
05 - Ian Drury - Spasticus Autisticus.mp3
06 - Eric Donaldson - Stand Up.mp3
07 - Mzwakeh Mbuli - Freedom from Puzzle.mp3
08 - Flannel - Gravy Train.mp3
09 - Exodus - Two Thumbs.mp3
10 - Hawkwind - Urban Guerilla.mp3
11 - Tibetan Singing Nuns - Rid the Holy Land of Tibet and of the Chinese.mp3

Quick Stats
Index on Censorship: Smashed Hits
58 MB
160 Kbps
http://rapidshare.de/files/20899516/Smashed.rar.html
pw = ouch

1 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 12:48 AM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

I'm sorry cheesemensch.
I don't really have any policy of re-ups but I tend toward not doing it. It takes what little time I do have to do it the first time.

But don't let that scare you away.
Come back anytinme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home