Monday, May 22, 2006

Someone requested more Accordion music.

No really, this time a couple of people did! So here's another Rough Guide compilation. This one covers traditional Cajun music (Wiki Cajun) to some Bluesy sounding Zydeco. (Wiki Zydeco)
The AMG Review griped a little about the exclusion of Beau Jocque on this compilation so as a special bonus, I've included a Beau Jocque song, "Nonc Adam" that was on another compilation I had. Take that Mr. AMG!
California Cajun Orchestra? BLASPHEMOUS!
Enjoy.

Track List,
1 One Step at a Time Clifton Chenier
2 Zydeco Boogaloo Buckwheat Zydeco
3 Balfa Waltz David Doucet
4 La 'Tit Cord (The Little String) Newman, Jimmy C.
5 La Misère M'a Fait Brailler John Delafose and the Eunice Playboys
6 Rolling Pin Beausoleil
7 Grande Bosco Eddie LeJeune
8 Bayou Pon Pon Michael Doucet
9 Two Step d'Amédé Savoy-Doucet Cajun Band
10 Disco et Fais Do-Do Bruce Daigrepont
11 Kolinda Beausoleil
12 Slow Horses and Fast Women Nathan & The Zydeco Cha Chas
13 La Pointe aux Pins Steve Riley
14 Fiddle Stomp Read Wallace Cheese
15 Jolie, Petite Blonde Nathan Abshire
16 Chico Two-Step California Cajun Orchestra
17 J'Etais au Bal Jo-El Sonnier
18 Let the Good Times Roll Buckwheat Zydeco
19 I Passed in Front of Your Door D.L. Menard
+ Nonc Adam Beau Jocque


Quick Stats:
Rough Guide to Cajun & Zydeco
80 MB
160 kbps (lame)
http://rapidshare.de/files/21127615/CaZy.rar.html
pw = lalala

5 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 12:18 AM, Blogger L. Chupacabra said...

Thanks for more accordian music.

 
At 5/24/2006 4:42 AM, Blogger RYP said...

oooh I love the turbo-sound of those small accardians. thanx for this one escape goat!
I have about 20-30 cajun & zydeco LP/CD's and when I started my blog I posted michael doucet's beausoleil "cajun conga" but only a few people downloaded. so I stopped posting acc.-music.
think a special blog for those exotic styles could make an effort.... mais mes connaissances de la langue française sont mauvaises (this is from a language translator!)..... but it's an idea to think about....
sseeeeya!

 
At 5/24/2006 9:09 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Thanks Mr. Pony. I
consider a post from you as high praise.
I just try to post things I think are unusual and interesting that I find at the library. The Comments are nice and it's also nice that a few people have downloaded the stuff I've put up, I'm trying to avoid, "Main Stream" types of stuff and only appeal to people interested in Music as Music and not a popularity contest, but that's just me.
P.S. I do believe a well maintained and varied Accordion music site would eventually do pretty well.
Cheers.

 
At 6/06/2006 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much. In my opinion, it gets no better than Cajun music!

 
At 6/06/2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

You're welcome.
Your opinion is valued here....as long it coincides with mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home