Saturday, June 03, 2006

When Johnny wasn't busy singing, he was layin' track.


Johnny Cash - Blood, Sweat and Tears. Released in 1963, this is a short and sweet (30 Min) collection of Cash covers of Workin' Man songs. It leads off with a highly entertaining 8 minute version of, "The Legend Of John Henry's Hammer" and this song alone is worth the price of admission. The Library has a few Cash CDs but they are mostly of the Greatest Hits variety. There's nothing wrong with Greatest Hits packages, but it's just cool to hear an actual Cash release. This is classic Cash; simple arrangements, June Carter harmonizing and Johnny's dead pan delivery.
Johnny Cash is GREAT!


Track List:
1. The Legend Of John Henry's Hammer
2. Tell Him I'm Gone
3. Another Man Done Gone
4. Busted
5. Casey Jones
6. Nine Pound Hammer
7. Chain Gang
8. Waiting For A Train
9. Roughneck

Quick Stats:
Johnny Cash - Blood, Sweat, and Tears
34 MB
160 kbps
http://rapidshare.de/files/22114416/CashCrap.rar.html
pw = JohnHenry

9 Comments:

At 6/03/2006 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Escape Goat,

I don't know are you accepting requests, but maybe You have some great music from the island of Madagascar.....

anyway, thanks for the great music!

 
At 6/03/2006 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

saw your blog featured at:
naupyrata.blogspot.com

loved the name and had to come check it out. interesting crap. will stop by again.

 
At 6/04/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Hey Anonymous,
If someone maybe asks for something general, I'll see if I can post something. As far as Madagascar is concerened, I don't have anything like that right of the moment, but if I did, I'd post it.

Thanks for dropping by.

 
At 6/04/2006 5:14 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Thanks for the hot tip Sam.
I'm always curious about how people get here. I haven't really advertised it that much. SFRP, TwilightZone, and a small Jazz site is the only place I've mentioned it. So it's nice to hear about a place that linked here.
See you later.

 
At 6/05/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

You're Welcome!

 
At 7/10/2006 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog.. Humorous, educational and edifying. I especially enjoy the recordings of music from places like Tunisia and Ethiopia. Too bad this Cash Crap link is dead I was curious about that one! Thanks for creating this!

 
At 7/10/2006 9:02 AM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Why thank you. I knew Cash was dead as well as the Railroad Songs and Ballads link too. I have no idea why they were killed, but I'm not going to fight the Man over it. I just wish they would tell me why they did it. Keep checking back every now and then, I promise to keep consistently inconsistent

 
At 7/23/2006 8:09 PM, Blogger David Alexander McDonald said...

There are people going around who are reporting links to Rapidshare and getting sharity blog files removed. It's driven some sharity bloggers to give up and go away. Others switched to Megaupload or other file sites, and some have tried using services such as Rapidsafe, which don't really work that well.

Thanks for the shares, though. I'm amused to see that I have something like half of the albums you've listed here in my collection; I may have something from Madagascar even.

 
At 7/24/2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

If you have 1/2 of what I have, then you are a nut like me.

Thanks for the comment.
Drop by anytime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home