Saturday, May 27, 2006

This is to make up for the last one.

I feel a little guilty. The Brazil comp just didn't live up to my usual high standards of crap. It wasn't terrible mind you, it just wasn't excellent. It was a little lacking and I should have done better. So now gentle viewer, I hope to make it up to you. I present:
King Sunny Ade - Juju Music
.
As far as, "World Music" goes, this is a Top Gun. It was originally released in 1982 on the Mango label and if you like Mangoes, I know I do, you'll probably like this because it sounds like a Mango...if a Mango had a twenty piece band with a pedal steel and a synthesizer like King Sunny Ade has. I'm not exactly sure of King Sunny Ade's Royal heritage, but he's also known as the, "Minister of Enjoyment" and I'm not about to dispute those claims. They seem perfectly reasonable to me. This one IS excellent. Your head grooves slowly and your feet tap like crazy. You get all kinds of instruments thrown at you, but the groove remains the same. If you have any doubt at all about this, just snag it and give it a thorough listen. It's great!

Wiki King Sunny Ade
Wiki Juju Music
AMG Review
Track List:
1. Ja Funmi
2. Eje Nlo Gba Ara Mi
3. Mo Beru Agba
4. Sunny Ti De Ariya
5. Ma Jaiye Oni
6. 365 Is My Number/The Message
7. Samba/E Falaba Lewe

Quick Stats:
King Sunny Ade - Juju Music (Mango)
50 MB
160 kbps (lame)
http://rapidshare.de/files/21565788/Juju.rar.html
pw = juju

3 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Stu said...

oh i love this album and lent mine out forever years ago thanks

 
At 5/30/2006 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a really great
album,
highly recommended.
I was looking for a digital copy to complement the vinyl

 
At 5/30/2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Thanks.
Your're both very welcome.
I really really like this Album too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home