Sunday, June 04, 2006

Hi, I'm a singing Robot!

Yay, it's that robot guy from that third Star Track series! I never really watched it much, but I recognized his mug on the cover. It was in the, "Easy Listening" section along with Anne Murray, Harry Belafonte, Judy Garland, The Ray Conniff Singers, 1001 Strings and stuff like that. When I first saw this I laughed to myself and knew I had to share it with the WORLD! Then I looked it up on Amazon to find the Cover art, and saw this, "Buy new: $245.00 -- Used & new from: $80.00" and stopped laughing. I thought about it a little bit, and then I started laughing again. All I can say is if you've done something bad today, you should listen to this to punish your brain. It will serve as penance. He can carry a tune ok, but he's trying too hard to show you this. The painfully cheesey arrangements do not help matters much either. Let's face it, this will only appeal to Star Track fans as a collectors item, people like me who think this kind of stuff is funny....or maybe your Grandma.
"Toot, Toot, Tootsie, Goodbye" is highly recommended for pain inducing laughter.
"It's a Sin to Tell a Lie", might put you in the hospital, because Brent is joined by the Star Track Barber Shoppe Quartet of, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Jonathan Frakes and Patrick Stuart who can't be bothered to actually sing. He just talks a bit in the middle of the song.
I'm going to follow the activity on this one with great interest.
P.S. Yes, I made Star Trek errors on purpose. I have known some Star Trek fans that almost went into convulsions when I said, "Star Track" or pronounced a character's name wrong. It's my blog and I can be annoying if I want to damn it!

Track List:
1. Time After Time
2. Very Thought of You
3. More Than You Know
4. Toot, Toot, Tootsie, Goodbye
5. Embraceable You
6. It's a Sin to Tell a Lie - LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, Patrick Stewart,
7. Long, Long Time
8. Carolina in the Morning
9. Marie
10. Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart
11. When I Fall in Love
12. Goodnight Sweetheart

Quick Stats:
Brent Spiner - Ol' Green Eyes is Back
39 MB
160kbps
http://rapidshare.de/files/22208000/CrapTrek.rar.html
pw = Tootsie

3 Comments:

At 6/04/2006 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, A blog after my own heart! I'm at the library on the regular. Audiobooks?, World?, Folk?, Rock... the list goes on. I haven't even sampled the selections but just thought I'd give a shout. The name grabbed me when I saw it at "Nau Pyrata", I was looking for an email address to possibly exchange "gig" for "gig" via snail mail but alas. Not sure how how the blogoshpere deals with such a request but I can understand the need for not imparting the details blatently. Great idea... I'll check back to see if there's a solution.

 
At 6/05/2006 12:26 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Thanks muse,
I like your taste in music too. I hope you don't mind that I linked your blog. I guess they want to show their fans how versatile they are as actors or something. Just look at the fan comments about the CD on Amazon. Some of them are just plain nuts.

 
At 6/05/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Thanks Anon,
But I confess, I'm not exactly hip to your jive. What are you talking about? Post another comment. Remember, I'm the only one that will see it until I publish it. If it's private type stuff, I won't publish it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home