Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Uh oh, this can only mean 1 of 4 things!

Thing 1: This was the last CD left in the Library.
Thing 2: I'm a big fan of sissy musicals.
Thing 3: I grabbed the wrong damn CD.
Thing 4: I am one of the 2,337 Americans that get excited about the World Cup.
If you guessed mostly Thing 4 with a little Thing 3 thrown in, you win.
I'm not afraid to admit that I love the World Cup. I will spend the next month in front of the TV in a drooling semi-comatose stupor watching every second of every game. So with that in mind I thought I'd do a little stupid World Cup theme thingy for the next month. I'm going to start putting up Music from Countries that are in the World Cup. Keep in mind that I'm only going to be putting stuff up that I get in the Library so my choices might really be stretching it or might not be the most representative of the Country or cover every Country. So don't gripe, I'll do my best to make it interesting. There is hope; My good friend and, "evil twin", L Chupacabra will be assisting me this month. I have given him the go ahead to put up stuff from his own collection and to do those write ups. If we're not careful, something that people like might accidentally get posted. I can't speak for L Chupacabra, but I'll give some of my expert commentary and game predictions.
You the Viewer should make Predictions too. I'm enforcing participation!
With that, I wish all nations involved Good luck and to (not nations playing the U.S. I put voodoo hex on them) play fair and to play well!
GJIOghYiohyohiodftyedhyUOPUI{IKOPYUDFTYFCETYjpojopikopghsdtrDFTYRUYU!!!!
YEAH!
Now about this CD.
The Beautiful Game (2000 Original London Cast)
AMG Review
It wasn't exactly what I thought it was. I wasn't aware that it was an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical. I'm not hip on those kinds of things. I'm not going to say a lot about this other than it's a musical about some soccer players in Northern Ireland in 1969. I like the accents, I like the slang, there's one funny line. That's about it. It wasn't as sissified as I thought it would be, but I set the expectation sissy bar pretty low for this.
I don't care too much for this kind of stuff, but some people may. So I put it up for you. If you like this kind of stuff be my guest and download away.
Enjoy!

Track List:
1. Overture
2. The Beautiful Game
3. Clean The Kit
4. Don't Like You
5. God's Own Country
6. God's Own Country (Protestant March)
7. Let Us Love In Peace
8. The Final (A Game Of Two Halves)
9. Off To The Party
11. Don't Like You (Reprise)
12. Our Kind Of Love
13. Let Us Love In Peace (Reprise)
14. The Happiest Day
15. To Have And To Hold
16. The First Time
17. I'd Rather Die On My Feet Than Live On My Knees
18. God's Own Country (Reprise)
19. The Selection
20. Dead Zone
21. If This Is What We're Fighting For
22. All the Love I Have
23. Finale

Quick Stats:
The Beautiful Game
85 MB
160 kbps
http://rapidshare.de/files/22500410/BeautifulCrap.rar.html
pw = WorldCup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home