Sunday, August 06, 2006

HAHAHAH IN YOUR FACE NAYSAYERS AND

UNBELIEVERS! I have had just about enough of you people telling me that it was impossible to package a CD with Indian Food! Your defeatist statements will be exposed now as nothing but lies! Be prepared for me to destroy your negative little world!
Ok, this entry comes from a box of food instead of the library. It's my contention that a box of food can be every bit as exciting as the library. You may totally disagree, but it's my blog so I have a right to feel that way.

Today you get a serving of : The Great Indian Masters: Vol 4 - Utsav. This CD came in a box of Red Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma Masala) made by Kitchens of India. About two weeks ago I saw these products in the grocery store and bought the Palak Paneer. It was ok, but it was a little bland. A week later I went back and decided to try one of the other kinds since they had 4 or 5 and the new boxes HAD FREE CDS IN THEM! This essentially shatters the myth that CDs can not be packed with Indian food. MYTH BUSTED!
Here is the link to Kitchens of India and all the products they make. A link there also leads to the free CDS and stuff. They are only for the U.S. Market so even Indians can't have them! If your grocery store doesn't carry them, ask for the manager and demand they stock these items or you will take your business elsewhere! You could also go to an Indian Restaurant and order these things, but I bet they won't give you a FREE CD with your meal...... just something to think about. Another thing to think about is that there is an Indian place up the street that serves, "Beef Vindaloo" yes thank you, I live in the Midwest. There are supposed to be 5 different CDs but I'm not sure if different meals = different CDS. I'll keep you posted when I buy a new flavor. I'll also keep you posted if Rajma Masala is any good or not since I haven't tried it yet. I was more excited about the FREE CD than the food.

The pic I used was not the pic on the CD cover. I just did a Google Image Search of, "Utsav" and that was the one I liked the most. I also did a GIS of, ""The Great Indian Masters" Venus" (Venus because that appears to be the label it's on) and the only hit I got was from a WFMU playlist. Pretty cool huh?

Track List:
There are only 4 tracks, but they are around 15 minutes a piece.
The artists on the CD are,
"Played to perfection by Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia at the Flute, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan at the Sarod, Pandit Ramnarayan at the Sarangi and Pandit Shivkumar Sharma at the Santoor."
They describe the music on the CD in much the same way they describe the food in the package.
and I think the tracks are
1. Garbha Dhun
2. Raaga Bahar
3. Raaga Piloo
4. Folk Dhun

but I'm not positive.

Quick Stats:
The Great Indian Masters - vol 4 - Utsav
81 MB
192 kbps
http://rapidshare.de/files/28451375/GreatCrap.rar.html
pw = Utsav

This new CD/Indian food paradigm is so revolutionary that a movie was made to announce it's arrival. The name of this rock and rolling song is roughly translated as, "We love FREE CDs in our food so much that we can't stop dancing or changing our clothes every 15 seconds!"

9 Comments:

At 8/08/2006 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I too am somewhere out in the MW but haven't seen these.
Will have to keep my eyes peeled, great music, BTW! Cheers!

 
At 8/15/2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Thank You J, I am humbled.

I believe this is the only thing I've posted that I didn't tag. This was due to the fact that CDDB didn't pick it up because it was fairly new and came in a box of food and the track names were not listed on the Cd sleeve. However upon perusal of their site, I believe the track listings to be,
1. Garbha Dhun
2. Raaga Bahar
3. Raaga Piloo
4. Folk Dhun

I hope this helps.
Stay tuned, I'm thinking about doing a Hawaii theme for the next week or so since I grabbed a few from the Library and L Chupacabra bought some stuff on his vacation in Hawaii.

Cheers.

 
At 8/15/2006 4:15 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Sorry Muse,
forgot about you. I finaly had the Red Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma Masala) I wasn't that impressed. It tasted like Vegetarian Chili with a bit of very non-descript curry seasoning. It didn't suck, but I have hope that the other two flavors they have at the Grocery Store will be better. The problem may lie with the fact that they are for the American Market and have been blanded down.
If that makes sense.

Come back anytime.

 
At 8/15/2006 11:55 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

As a member of the, "Make A Wish Foundation", I will grant you your wish by personally naming the tracks on the next Indian Food Cd I get. I will spend a lot of time and effort on the names.

Crap I Found at the Library was created to create smiles all over the World....except for Bridgeport, Ct. I never liked that place. It gave me the creeps.

 
At 8/16/2006 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem and yes, it makes sense. A few yrs ago, there was only 1 Thai restaurant. A new one finally opened.
Yep, dumbed down for the midwest. We asked for their spices, and they told us they'd be hot, and we said, that's
why we came. Needless to say, we never went back and they did go out of business at some point.
Ya never take a chance out here unless you see foreign nationals within.
About your can's or whatever, we've never had good luck unless you go to a store that's visited
mainly by the people of India. There is 1 in Indianapolis, and they've got it all ; )
Cheers and Thanks for the music!

 
At 8/18/2006 3:50 AM, Blogger marxbert said...

i have lost countless bets regarding the subject of packing CDs with Indian food. your blog has given me an excuse to go out and break some kneecaps. with impunity.

thank you.

 
At 8/20/2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

I'm glad I can help.
Get to bustin'!

I'd like some movies of it.

 
At 9/23/2006 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice indian chill ragas definitely hariprasad and his flute style thanx

 
At 9/24/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Escape Goat said...

Hey Ivan, You're welcome.
I have a another one now that came from a box of curried lentils. It's called Ehsaas-Sentiments.
With Ustad Zakir Hussain and Sultan Khan. I'll put this up soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home