Aloha, L. Chupacabra
My friend and sometime collaborator, L. Chupacabra is in Hawaii right now on vacation. He even sent me a postcard that had a picture of some things on it. He's a good friend.
So for him and Hawaii I put up some nice music. Aloha is a Hawaiian word that can mean many things depending on the situation. It can mean, "Hello", "Goodbye", "My feet smell", "Your feet smell", "I'm deathly allergic to peanuts", "Only use peanut oil when cooking my food", "I don't think I like you." and, "You are a good friend." So be careful when you say, "Aloha" because you could get in trouble or maybe die.
Vintage Hawaiian Music, Vol. 1: Steel Guitar Masters (1928-1934) These songs all came from 78s and in some cases, there are only 1 or 2 known copies of the disc. Believe it or not, by 1916 more Hawaiian records were sold than any other type in the U.S. I tend to believe it since that is what it said in the liner notes. Mr. AMG says, "Highlights include one of the earliest known recordings of "My Little Grass Shack" and Jim & Bob, the Genial Hawaiians' smooth and lowdown "Hula Blues." A perfect introduction to the music." This is a pretty fun collection to listen to since it reminds me of the music from SpongeBob SquarePants. If you have a little party in your dirty apartment, you should probably play this to have a good time. You should also give your loser friends Hawaiian names by going here.,
This is a good place to learn all about Hawaiian Steel Guitar. There's even music and videos.
One interesting thing about this collection is there's a mysterious track 16 that isn't listed anywhere on the CD or any websites. All I need to tell you is that it features a Kazoo and some scat singing. You know what to do.
1. Na Pua O Hawaii - George Ku Trio
2. Hula Love Medley March - Hilo Hawaiian Orch.
3. Waikki Waltz - King Benny Nawahi
4. Ellis March - Tau Moe
5. The Road To Paradise - Unkown German Orch.
6. Wang Wang Blues - Sam Ku West Harmony Boys
7. Lady Be Good - Sol Hoopii Trio
8. Dinah - King Benny Nawahi's Red Devils
9. Na Ali'l - George Ku Trio
10. Lirios - S. Cortez Y Sus Hawaiianos
11. Palolo - Charlie Wilson
12. My Little Grass Shack - Kanue And Lula
13. Medley Of Old-Time Waltzes - Walter Kolomoku
14. Maile Lau Li'l Li'l - Kalama's Quartet
15. Hula Blues - Jim & Bob, The Genial Hawaiians
Vintage Hawaiian Music, Vol. 1: Steel Guitar Masters (1928-1934)
pw = Aloha